Human Resources Operations Specialist
At Trades Masters, we know that the success of every job depends heavily on certain key factors. Our project and account coordinators maintain a high standard toward achieving these factors from the day a tradesman/woman is hired and throughout their employment at Trades Masters.
Trades Masters is hiring an HR Operations Specialist who will primarily be responsible for managing all human resources functions and initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle. This role partners with business leaders and collaborates with team members in other functions. This role will report to an HR Operations Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the onboarding process for all corporate staff
- Support Project Coordinators for onboarding compliance for field workers
- Benefits Administration:
- Vendor management
- Manage the new hire enrollment and open enrollment for employees
- Support benefits related communications
- Work with payroll on benefits deductions or wage garnishments
- Compensation Support:
- Monthly reporting on commission plans
- Periodic employee salary reviews
- Participation in corporate salary surveys as needed
- HR Plan and Program Support:
- Implement respective corporate HR plans and programs as applicable (goal setting processes, performance management, training programs, etc.)
- System administration:
- Vendor management for HRIS and payroll system (Temp Works)
- System administrator for Temp Works
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Weekly reporting requirements (Work Opportunity Tax Credits - WOT-C)
- Employment verifications
- Unemployment claims
- Required employment law postings, employee handbooks, and policies
- Employee Support:
- Day to day questions about benefits, payroll or other HR related items.
- Manage and resolve any employee relations issues
- Other duties include office administration, supporting the corporate office such as bill paying, travel booking and other as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or similar
- 2-3 years experience working in a dedicated human resources role
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00/year DOE
Since 1998, contractors have been turning to Trades Masters for quality, skilled labor on demand, eliminating the hassle of maintaining in-house construction labor and the risk of uncertainties in dealing with employees. Our expertise encompasses the industrial, commercial, government, residential and institutional industries, and we host a variety of labor solutions, including locally based and traveling craftsmen.
Our clients have confidence in placing the success of their projects in the hands of our craftsmen because they know that every Trades Masters employee possesses a high standard of experience, training, knowledge and work ethic.
We maintain a large, full-time skilled labor workforce, which we provide to our clients on an as-needed basis. Every craftsman we hire is an actual employee of our company, which means greater quality and dependability at your job site.
Trades Masters has branch locations in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia.